Well….this isn’t quite the weather we were hoping for is it?
With the warm weather and rain this week, we had closed the trails, and have decided to keep things closed for the time being, as the trails are just a small ice base and hopefully we can keep what base we do have for cooler temps later on. All grooming stopped after Tuesday night. Road crossings and road running is pretty close to terrible as there is nothing left….seems like spring time riding out there.
Our club ride to Maple Valley has been cancelled for Saturday Jan 21.
We’re still remaining hopeful for the Ride for Literacy on Saturday Jan 28, and of course the Snowmobile Ride for Dad on Feb 11.
Please don’t panic yet, we should be in good shape to get things open in a hurry if we get any more snow and cold temps.
Lakes are scary and bare, stay off them.
With the lakes and main trails closed, please do not “find a spot” and make tracks, snowmobiling outside of our designated areas is very damaging to our land owner relationships, just because you see snow on a field, that doesn’t mean you can ride on it! Please respect private land owners, they are our lifeline to keeping proper trails!
When we do get open again, please respect residential zones and small road runs. Most of these are 20km/hr zones…and residents can not have a snowmobiler whipping by the end of the driveway close to the snowbanks, nobody can see us….or the kids may be sliding down the banks. Remember nobody “likes” the sound of a machine beside the bedroom window…they tolerate us, so please please be respectful. It’s their neighbourhoods, we are just visiting!
We’ll update soon as we hopefully will get back in to things shortly!!!